Wednesday, September 21, 2011

August 25

Today is my last day in Brisbane! I had a doctor appointment so that she could put the implant in my arm. There was the doctor and a nurse who didn't seem to do anything but watch and hold my hand. It wasn't too bad at all. Just as the doctor warned, it was the local anesthesia that stung/hurt the most. The actual implant didn't hurt much at all. Before I knew it, they bandaged me up and I was ready to go! So, I went to get some chai before class and had my last class. The professor didn't get through all of the material so he said that he was going to make another class next week. GREAT. Oh well. I'm sure it won't matter too much.. After class, everyone said goodbye to me outside and we took some photos. Then we all went to the Red Room and ate some lunch together, I guess just prolonging the goodbye.. =( It didn't really feel like it was my last day. It just sort-of felt like all the other days, so it was very surreal. Then everyone went their separate ways and I reluctantly went back to my hostel. I got my suitcases out of storage and repacked them for the rest of the afternoon. I was supposed to meet up with Lina and Jillian for Salsa, but Lina was busy working on a paper, so only Jillian could come out. Neither of us really felt like going to bars, so we went to Max Brenner's and then took the train to the Barracks to watch a movie - Friends with Benefits. It was nice to have a quiet evening. Then home and bed! My last night in the hostel!!

Roommates: A German moved in to take Denmark's place, plus the girl from London and the German thong-wearer above me. I had to apologize to them all for taking up so much room with all of my suitcases.

No comments:

Post a Comment