Wednesday, September 21, 2011

August 24


Woke up kind of early because everyone else woke up a little early. But it’s just as well because I had to get up and go to campus. I headed there early, not really sure why, but carried another few books to the library. Then, I sat in the doctor’s office, waiting for my appointment. I was 30 minutes early and my appointment was 30 minutes late. But at least she gave me ample time when I met with her. She answered all my questions and seemed very positive about the implant contraceptive, so I decided to go with it, even though it was a bit more money than I thought it would be in Australia. She wrote me a prescription, then I took it straight to the Pharmacy and filled it. Then didn’t have much else to hang around for, so I came back to my hostel and made some breakfast. Someone’s syrup had dripped all over my bag and some of my food. How annoying. Came back to my room and read my last two books, which went super fast. I didn’t end up needing them! Whoo. I was so happy to be done earlier than expected, I would’ve hated feeling like I was rushing to try to get everything done. I went on the internet for an hour and then watched a movie – True Grit. Then I arranged with Manuel and Jane to meet for dinner. Manuel pushed Japanese/Korean. I suggested Chinese. Then Jane wanted me to try Thai. So I agreed to Japanese/Korean. I don’t want to offend Jane by not liking Thai! =( I would feel bad. I ate an apple just in case, because I was nervous about not liking it. Then I headed to the Valley to meet them. It was actually pretty good - BBQ, but it was expensive. Conversation was pretty dead, but oh well. At least I got to hang out with them outside of class to give them an extra goodbye. It feels so weird that I am leaving in two days. I still feel like a local here, so I can’t imagine that I’m not going to see this place again. Anyway, then I came back to the hostel and showered and went to bed early...

Roommates: The girl from London moved out, tonight is Denmark’s last night, so she’s getting drunk in the bar with all of her friends. The German girl who sleeps above me walks around in her thong, weird. And is very restless at night, shakes the whole bed. Kind of annoying.  

No comments:

Post a Comment